FORECAST: The Owens Valley, Mammoth and Mono County
By: Dennis Mattinson, Weather & Atmospheric Forecaster
TUESDAY April 24, 2012
Another seasonal day today temperature wise, with the continued threat of thunderstorms over the mountains. Then Wednesday into Thursday, Mother Nature brings in some late April showers with cooler temps. So, a couple of systems (one centered over SOCAL and the other over the PACNW) combine to bring our district a good chance of valley rain and mountain snow. Along with this, isolated thunderstorms are possible. Temps will lower some 10 – 15 degrees on Wednesday from Monday highs. After that things dry out and warm up thru the weekend, with temperatures staying on the pleasant side.
FOR THE OWENS VALLEY:
Today: Mainly sunny becoming partly cloudy to mostly cloudy. A stray t-storm possible. Highs 76 – 81 and lows 48 – 53. Winds S 10 – 15 mph.
Wednesday: 20% chance of rain showers and t-storms becoming 70% for the afternoon and evening . Highs 68 – 73 and lows 48 – 53. Winds S 10 – 15 mph.
FOR THE TOWN OF MAMMOTH LAKES:
Today: Slight chance of showers and t-storms. Highs 58 and lows 38. Winds S 10 – 15 mph.
Wednesday: 30% chance of showers and t-storms becoming 70% chance of snow showers late evening. Highs 50 and lows 33. Winds W 15 – 20 mph.
FOR MONO COUNTY:
Today: Becoming mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and t-storms. Highs 62 – 72 and lows 36 – 46. Winds S 10 – 15 mph G 25.
Wednesday: Cloudy with a slight chance of showers & t-storms then rain & snow showers likely in the evening. Highs 55 – 65 and lows 33 – 43. Winds SW 15 – 25 mph G 40.